- Pre-Reading strategy that guides the ELs in the comprehension process.
- Enables teachers to prepare questions in advance of reading.
- Guides students as they complete their reading assignment.
- Teacher can help students develop their own questions, which will help them establish purpose and focus.
- Great strategy in activating prior knowledge.
- Students get an idea of what they are going to be exposed to from the reading.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Study Guides and Strategies
Author: Joe F. Landsberger
Website address: http://www.studygs.net/preread.htm
5 attributes for building literacy of English Learners:
* Culturally relevant -- Culture(s): All
* Effective strategy for English Learners -- Strategy name: Pre Questions
* Authority -- Well known source
* Age Appropriate -- Grade Level: 6th-8th
* Navigation with ease -- Links, design, feedback buttons: Accessible